A Blog By Ruben Stanley (aka Patrick Bingham)

Greetings my friends! I'm glad you've joined me. My blog reveals the secrets and the lies within the pages of Zombacter: Center City Contagion. This pile of rubbish was put forth by my nemesis, Professor Jake Northrop, under one of his pseudonyms. He's done these things to discredit and destroy me but I will have you know the truth. I will show you the day by day happenings in the Potterfield Bioengineering Facility that led to the tragic Center City Contagion. I will take you on a journey of pain. Pain that I endured during my transformation into what I am today. Pain that will never end and it is ALL JAKE NORTHROP'S FAULT!































Friday

Bad Bad Things



Before I tell you about what’s been happening to me I’m going to show you some of the experiments I’ve been working on. You see, I needed a medium in which to grow my bacteria. I don’t have access to the professor’s lab animals so I’ve been working to find the preferred host for my little darlings, but my experiments are not going as I had expected. The bacteria I’ve grown can infect rodents, insects, some plant tissues, and most troublesome of all, humans-with me being the first.

 
Top left to bottom right: infected plant,
glowing green bacteria from moth,
zombie moth, zombie beetle
Jake Northrop was wrong about his bacteria. It can infect humans and it can do so without immune system suppressants! I’m living proof, if you can call my existence living. But I must digress and show you what has been happening.

To the right are photos of the insects I inoculated with the bacteria.

In each case, something wholly unexpected and amazing occurred just a short time after infection. The insects exhibited aggressive behavior toward other living creatures and then died a short time later. The amazing thing is they reanimated! They were not the same as before and they exhibited symptoms of early decomposition including cloudy eyes, stiffened appendages, and odor. I dissected them and found the glowing green bacteria present throughout their neuromuscular systems.

The plant tissues remain an enigma. After infection, only portions of their vascular systems were affected. The remainders of the plants appear healthy, unlike the insects that died within a week of infection. They seem to have a certain tolerance for the bacteria and may’ve formed a symbiotic relationship with them. This must be explored further.

Now for what has happened to me. I’m still infected with the bacteria. The antibiotics didn’t work, in fact they made me violently ill. I’ve had other bizarre symptoms that I cannot explain. There is a loud ringing in my ears and I often times wake up in places with no knowledge of how I got there. Aside from the unsettling thoughts, I’ve had compulsions to do unspeakable things. Once I caught myself walking to Jennifer’s apartment and had the most difficult time turning back. The scary thing is I was undressed and covered in blood. I have no idea where it came from or what happened. I know it wasn’t good. I’ve begun to fear for Jennifer’s safety and indeed my own. Every time I consider getting help, I wake up somewhere unfamiliar and it scares the shit out of me. Bad, bad, things are happening and I can't control them.

For now, there is only one thing I can do. I must continue my research and find out what is causing my symptoms. I’m beginning a video diary of my experiments and will post them soon. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Zack's Dad Dave said...

Sounds fine. Just take some aspirin, get some rest, and drink LOTS of fluids. On a personal note, I think Shauna and I might not need you for this weekend. We’re thinking of going with a different sitter. The sixteen year old boy down the street, just left juvenile hall, and he seems to have really straightened life out. It’s NOT you. Jennifer just said that we might thinka bout giving anyone else a chance. Don’t come by to talk about it. Really. We’re very comfortable. And we’ve moved. Somewhere you don’t know. Thanks.